The virtual component of the UP Conference featured 3 IBM presentations. “Lessons Learned The impact on the future of Cloud and Standards,” “Real client innovation in the cloud,” and “The Cloud Computing Paradigm Transforming Business, Technology.” These presentations went through the current state of cloud computing and helped define the next steps for cloud.
In the “Lessons Learned The impact on the future of Cloud and Standards”, Angel Diaz covers the nine steps to a successful adoption of cloud computing:
- Assemble your cloud consumer decision team
- Develop business case and an enterprise cloud strategy
- Select cloud deployment models
- Select cloud service models
- Determine who will develop, test and deploy the cloud services
- Develop a proof of concept before moving to production
- Integrate cloud solutions with existing enterprise services
- Develop and manage service level agreements
- Manage the cloud environment
The “Real client innovation in the cloud” presentation by Craig Sowell covers where cloud is going and the maturity of the industry. In addition, he discusses how cloud industry solutions are providing huge value to specific industries like healthcare and utilities.
Finally, the “The Cloud Computing Paradigm Transforming Business, Technology” presentation by Mike Hill covers how most companies will leverage cloud and the value of hybrid cloud solutions.
In summary, the virtual component of the UP Conference provided some very valuable presentations which covered customer use cases and where cloud computing is headed in the future. These trends and real life examples of uses for cloud solutions definitely will help any customer looking to adopt cloud start on the right path to success. Conferences like UP allow industry leaders get together and present all the work that has been done in the industry. The format of the virtual conference is definitely very valuable since it allows more people to participate and receive the material.