My client recently bought another company with 800 new users to join the clients existing enterprise landscape. Besides the other activities, I have to provide 800 new IBM Lotus Notes Accounts.
Of course the first request is to get them connected to the collaboration tools, especially email. Sounds simple, but seeing the capacity of the existing servers, I had to order new hardware first.
It drives me crazy to see that I need to deliver in time and budget, but lose all my power in requesting hardware.
- I need to talk the architect and administrator.
- I need to get the server specs.
- I need to get the CAPEX approved.
- I need to get the order out.
And most of my project time is already eaten up. In addition, I have to wait for the deployment of the server and the software installation. Realistically the first three months are gone.
I guess this reality is not only my own. With a fast running transition and integration, I need to find a new strategy to stay in time and budget.
IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Service is the answer.
With IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Service, formerly known as LotusLive.com, I can request the implementation of my users in less than a couple of hours. I just provide my user list and email address, and the request is executed immediately. Based on the client organization policy, access to IBM Sametime and IBM Connections can be granted instantly.
Certainly the background work for signing the contracts took a while, but I assume we all agree that this will not take three months.
For me, I can see five key reasons to bring this story to my CIO:
- Dramatically reduce the time for implementation
- Reliable software as a service (SaaS) platform
- Flexible to fit to my demands at any time and volume
- Secured environment and connectivity to the existing customer IBM Lotus Domino Servers
- Clear price table for user and service
While I’m on the way to my CIO, what are your thoughts on the topic?